Laundry Ownership Made Easy
Like many great stories, Washlava was born out of necessity. Our story is not unique: our Tampa laundromat was 100 percent dependent on quarters and cash, and installing credit card readers was prohibitively expensive. But when our store was robbed and thousands of dollars in quarters were strewn across the parking lot, we decided to do something. All that change had to change.
More Than Just a Cash Problem
When we looked at switching the business from quarters and cash, we realized that cash wasn’t the only problem that needed solving. We wanted to be able to manage and grow our business using cutting edge technologies found in other applications. And more importantly, we knew our customers deserved a better, safer, more convenient experience. To do that, we needed to build more than just a payment platform.
Meet the Team
- Real Title: Founder & CEO
- Also Known As: The Idea Guy
- Before Washlava: Held leadership positions at Accenture, Kurt Salmon Associates, and Tiffany & Co. In 2012, Todd co-founded his first startup Silvercar, a mobile-enabled car rental startup that moved the entire car rental process to the smartphone, from booking and paying for a rental to unlocking the car itself.
- Dream Team Stat: After spearheading Silvercar’s push to bring a seamless and mobile-enabled solution to the car rental industry, Todd has set his sights on doing the same for laundry.
- Real Title: CRO
- Also Known As: Wonder Woman
- Before Washlava: Specialized in digital marketing and consulted with thousands of laundry owners on how to market their laundries as the director of marketing and online development at the Coin Laundry Association (CLA).
- Dream Team Stat: Created CLA Connect, the online forum used by more than 25,000 laundry professionals worldwide.
- Real Title: CTO
- Also Known As: Leader of the Nerds
- Before Washlava: Founded a digital product agency, Peppered Software, where he helped startups and fortune 500 companies design, build and deploy technology.
- Dream Team Stat: Designed and engineered technology for companies including AT&T, Dell, Fox, and Whole Foods Market. His work has been featured by Apple worldwide.
Cycle up With Washlava
Join our growing network to ditch quarters, reach more customers, and start growing fast. Contact us now.