Like many great stories, Washlava was born out of necessity. Our story is not unique: our Tampa shared laundry center was 100 percent dependent on quarters and cash, and installing credit card readers was prohibitively expensive. But when our store was robbed and thousands of dollars in quarters were strewn across the parking lot, we decided to do something. All that change had to change.
More Than Just a Cash Problem
When we looked at switching the business from quarters and cash, we realized that cash wasn’t the only problem that needed solving. We wanted to be able to manage and grow our business using cutting edge technologies found in other applications. And more importantly, we knew our customers deserved a better, safer, more convenient experience. To do that, we needed to build more than just a payment platform. We needed to build app-enabled Internet of Things technology that our customers could use to control laundry equipment and manage their laundry experience.
Meet the Team
- Title: Founder & CEO
- Before Washlava: Held leadership positions at Accenture, Kurt Salmon Associates, and Tiffany & Co. In 2012, Todd co-founded his first startup Silvercar, a mobile-enabled car rental startup that moved the entire car rental process to the smartphone, from booking and paying for a rental to unlocking the car itself.
- Dream Team Stat: After spearheading Silvercar’s push to bring cashless payment systems and mobile-enabled solution to the car rental industry, Todd has set his sights on doing the same for laundry.
- Title: CMO
- Before Washlava: Served as the Director of Marketing for Barbizon International, operating in over 200 U.S. markets and five international markets. Previous to her tenure at Barbizon, Kelly served as the Public Relations Director for a boutique full-service marketing and communications agency in Indianapolis, IN. She has worked with such notable brands as Carnival Cruise Lines, Royal Caribbean, MTV, Seventeen Magazine, Girls Life Magazine, Teen Vogue, University of Kentucky, University of Notre Dame, and musician Cody Simpson.
- Title: Hardware Engineer
- All About Todd: Todd has 30 years of experience in hardware design and software development. He is an expert in real-time embedded systems, networking protocols and RF design. Todd has taken multiple products through the large scale productions and has helped multiple start-ups “Cross the Chasm.”
- Title: Systems Engineer
- All About Geof: Geof is a systems architect and developer with a proven track record building effective loT wireless systems for volume deployments, embedded software development securely linked with AWS cloud-based infrastructure, and secure volume manufacturing designs for large-scale rapid deployment.
- Title: Controller
- About Bill: Bill has a strong background in public accounting and professional consulting. He has worked in both the public and private sector for a range of company sizes from fortune 100 companies to start-up companies specializing in Generally Accepting Accounting Principles, Sarbanes Oxley Compliance and Financial Reporting. Bill also served in the United States Marine Corps.
Shephard Green IV
- Title: Operations Manager
- Shephard has a strong background in operations management and IT. His philosophy is simple, do the work that needs to be done. A true believer that Washlava is the future of laundromats, he is all in and handles everything from fleet management to customer satisfaction.
Cycle up With Washlava
Schedule a meeting now to revolutionize your laundry offering.