Like many great stories, Washlava was born out of necessity. Our story is not unique: our Tampa shared laundry center was 100 percent dependent on quarters and cash, and installing credit card readers was prohibitively expensive. But when our store was robbed and thousands of dollars in quarters were strewn across the parking lot, we decided to do something. All that change had to change.
More Than Just a Cash Problem
When we looked at switching the business from quarters and cash, we realized that cash wasn’t the only problem that needed solving. We wanted to be able to manage and grow our business using cutting edge technologies found in other applications. And more importantly, we knew our customers deserved a better, safer, more convenient experience. To do that, we needed to build more than just a payment platform. We needed to build app-enabled Internet of Things technology that our customers could use to control laundry equipment and manage their laundry experience.
Meet the Team
- Title: Founder & CEO
- Before Washlava: Held leadership positions at Accenture, Kurt Salmon Associates, and Tiffany & Co. In 2012, Todd co-founded his first startup Silvercar, a mobile-enabled car rental startup that moved the entire car rental process to the smartphone, from booking and paying for a rental to unlocking the car itself.
- Dream Team Stat: After spearheading Silvercar’s push to bring cashless payment systems and mobile-enabled solution to the car rental industry, Todd has set his sights on doing the same for laundry.
- Title: COO
- Before Washlava: Founded Pournader & Company, a high-performance consulting firm. He also co-founded Cobalt Talon, and held leadership positions at Grant & Eisenhofer, Oracle, and SunGard. At the age of 25, he was SVP of SunGard, where he created and launched the first cloud-based enterprise software offering to serve some of the largest energy companies in the U.S.
- Dream Team Stat: Was Senior Vice President at Oracle, a Fortune 500 company, at the age of 28.
- Title: CTO
- Before Washlava: Founded a digital product agency, Peppered Software, where he helped startups and fortune 500 companies design, build and deploy technology.
- Dream Team Stat: Designed and engineered technology for companies including AT&T, Dell, Fox, and Whole Foods Market. His work has been featured by Apple worldwide.
- Title: Director of Marketing & Communications
- Before Washlava: Served as interim Director of Marketing and Development for the Kidney Cancer Association, a global non-profit organization, to lead their rebranding and marketing initiative. She also led the creation of the marketing department for National Due Diligence Services, a Fidelity Title Group service provider.
- Dream Team Stat: Directed the Southeastern Entrepreneurship Conference, the largest, collegiate conference on entrepreneurship in the Southeast region, as the President of UT Entrepreneurs.
Cycle up With Washlava
Schedule a meeting now to revolutionize your laundry offering.